Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Owner of a Lonely Heart

"Say you don't want to chance it, you've been hurt so before..." Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes

Today I want to tell you that I know you've had your heart broken.
And I know how alone it feels. Like the world keeps turning while you feel the most unfeelable pain. And life keeps happening around you, but you have no idea how to re-insert yourself now that you’ve experienced this.
And I know that it makes you want to give up. To sit back and wait. And let things happen to you. And settle for what you can get.
Because what you can get is better than the possibility of putting yourself back into a position to feel the terrible heartache that you felt. I know this... because this was also me. I kept telling myself, "Better to deal with the devil you know then the devil you don't know." But why deal with the devil at all? How crazy is that logic??? UGH... 
I want to tell you that all of this waiting around for the just fine is no way to live. Giving up is not the solution.
Settling for something you know won’t make you happy is not the answer.
Because having your heart broken means that you were living all in. It means that you believed in something so much that you let your guard down. That you were willing to risk it all for the joy of the feeling.
And you can live that way again. And you are not alone.
"He heals the broken heart" Psalm 147:3
Surrender to the fear. Let your heart break. Feel all of those super scary feelings – the falling in love, the wanting something so bad it's all you think about, the putting all of your hopes into this one basket because it’s the most exquisite basket you've ever seen and nothing less will do.
And see how effing alive you feel then!
Can I guarantee that your heart won’t ever be broken again? No, it likely will. Because that’s what happens when you live and love and hope and dream with all you've got.
And in the end, it’s the only way to be.
xoxo, tami

No comments:

Post a Comment