Monday, March 17, 2014

Getting Over That Hump with a No Meat Detox + Aloha.com

"If I could get over that HUMP, then maybe I will feel better." - That Hump by Erykah Badu
I don't know what is happening to my body. Is it because I am hovering the 40's? Is my body really changing that much? All I know is I have been in a cycle of sinus pressure followed by headaches followed by nausea followed by aches and pains. And just when I think all is well, it starts all over again. Oh... and then there is the kidney stone that paid me a visit and kicked my butt. So I decided I could either lay down and become my mother and grandmother, both who allowed bad health to take control... or I could fight back.

Being in good health is not only important to me physically, but also spiritually.
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
So I put on my Nikes, my sweats and my boxing gloves and decided it was time to punch bad health in the FREAKING throat!
"POW BOOM SPLAT!"

Oh my bad! I was getting a little excited over the violence of it. Where were we? Oh yeah, we were talking about health.  About a month ago one of my BFFs posted a link on Facebook to Aloha which is basically a dried green juice powder. I was fascinated by this. Now before I continue, let me just add that I am not being paid for this review. I simply tried this, helped my friend rack up a few credits in her Aloha account and wanted to share my experience with all of you.
First of all, its packed with lots of good for you organic ingredients like:

It is hydrating, detoxifying and rich in vitamins and minerals. But guess what else? It's also SUPER YUMMY!

I sent off for my 7-day trial. I had to cough up $3 for the shipping but who cares! I spend more than that on a latte at Starbucks. Come on, you know you do it too!

My package arrived within a week. But soon after I was down for a week with a daggone kidney stone. So I decided to wait until I was better and done with my meds to begin my journey into better health.

Once I was back to normal, I took a little trip to hang out with my friend Trader Joe and stocked up on turmeric, organic juices, grains, produce, almond milk and some quick vegetarian lunch options that I could nosh on at my desk. And so the journey began into a juicing, vegetarian detox diet.

One of the coolest things about Aloha The Daily Good, is that it is a dried green food and comes in little portable packets that you can toss in your bag and take with you. I happened to use it in the mornings by mixing it into a fruity breakfast smoothie. I suggest you buy a smoothie shaker like this one from Sundesa for around $9.
It will blend your mix right on up. Aloha The Daily Good has a subtle earthy flavor that is pleasantly balanced by berries and lemon. Not in the way that grass or leaves might taste but in that its just a warm and earthy flavor due to the mushrooms. It's quite tasty and blends very well into fruit smoothies without being overpowering.

I followed this with a vegetarian lunch, followed by a salad for dinner and a warm almond turmeric milk before bed. {RECIPE HERE}

DAY 2: I was no longer experiencing chronic sinus pressure and headaches

DAY 3: I naturally wanted to go to bed at a reasonable hour, fell asleep fast and slept soundly through the night

DAY 4: My back and neck pain was dissipating

DAY 5: I felt renewed energy

DAY 6: I experienced a strong sense of mental clarity and cognitive processing

DAY 7: I ordered more Aloha.com and headed back to TJs for a few more yummy and organic things!

I am a fan, my loves. Now, I know eating healthy can be a psychological struggle. I battled with it for a really long time and would continue to abuse my body with foods that tasted good but were so bad for me. Like ice cream and chips and the occasional soda and fried foods and tacos and pizza. Let's face it, these things are darned good!

But once I started to feel and experience the change, I want more of it! I feel alive and younger and vibrant, healthy and strong. And don't we all want to feel our optimal best.

I highly recommend you give the 7-day Aloha.com Daily Good a spin. Click the caption in the pic below to take advantage of your free trial. Remember it's only $3 for shipping. A small price to pay for you to begin your journey into a better you.
ALOHA.com FREE TRIAL
We are soldiers in the army of the Lord. And we can't fight the battle if we are too tired to get up and make it happen.

I do hope this post is of some encouragement to you. If you have any questions, prayer requests or are battling to be disciplined in your physical health, please leave a comment below. I promise to respond.

xoxo, tami

No comments:

Post a Comment