Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What's For Dinner? | Italian Turkey Sausage Soup with Garlic Parmesan Croutons

A quick and hearty Italian sausage soup loaded with vegetables and served up with cheesy garlic croutons! Perfect for dipping into your soup. NOM NOM!
Oh the weather outside is frightful. But this hearty soup is so delightful.  (See what I did there?)
But seriously, folks. Although we don't get snow, it has been chilly and rainy. Perfect weather for comfort foods and soups. So I decided to whip up a flavorful soup to warm the tummy.

As this was simmering, my entire house smelled like Tuscany... and my belly was growling something fierce. Good thing this meal doesn't take long to whip up!

Eating soup makes me want to curl up in a blankie. It is the just right, make-you-feel-good meal that I would happily eat every chance I get.
Turkey Italian sausage is one of my personal favorites. We don't eat pork in our home and this sausage has just the right amount of seasonings to add a little excitement to any dish I use it in. By adding a little spice, your tastebuds will be kicked into a wild ride that take it from subtle sweet to a little bit sassy and spicy. Just like it does in this soup. Mmm mmm good!
I made this soup on the stovetop. It was super quick and easy. Taking just about an hour from prep to finish, we were ready to set the table and chow down in no time.

And then there are the croutons. I have three words... OH EM GEE! Just four simple ingredients. Slice a french baguette, spread with butter, sprinkle with garlic salt and top with shredded parmesan. Not your average garlic toast, the butter finds its way into the nooks and crannies on the bread. Together the butter, garlic and parmesan melt into a cheesy goodness that take just minutes to whip together. SOOOO GOOD!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes

Click this downloadable recipe card and enjoy! xoxo

Are we staying in touch through Facebook and Instagram? Y'all come back now, ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment