Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Cover Me

"Remember to cover me that I might go in peace..." Cover Me by 21:03

I am thinking about two types of covering today. The first is wallcoverings. I am in the process of putting hand to hammer on creating a teen bedroom for my babygirl. But in the meantime, my mind is still spinning with ideas. I am really thinking a lot about my boutique walk-in closet. I decided that will be the next project after her room is complete.

I love the idea of having a boutique closet, Carrie Bradshaw style... or even better. Better is GOOD! As I was browsing Pinterest the other day, I came across a few photos of closets with wallcovering and I knew immediately that this is how I wanted my closet to be. Just look at these cool ideas:
Pretty right? Now these colorful and frilly coverings are not my jam but I am digging the way it changes the closet and makes it look much more like a boutique! So I am on the hunt for some bombtastic removable wallpaper for my fancy schmancy new boutique closet. Stay tuned on more this subject at a later date.

Next up is covering in prayer. To cover in prayer is to pray protection over yourself, your loved ones, for your life's journey, your business, your world and your current and future endeavors. I have been thinking about being covered in prayer more than usual because there have been so many disasters in the world as of late, both locally and globally. One minute a person is healthy, walking around, going to work, hugging their loved ones, singing their favorite songs, cooking dinner, watching their favorite TV shows, laughing at funny jokes....living the life they were given. And the next minute life is gone. 

What if you didn't make it home from work, or wake up in the morning? What if the kiss you gave your loved one was the last one you gave? Life is soooo fleeting. And I know we all know this. But more importantly, we should diligently cover the lives and things we hold dear in prayer by the blood of Jesus. His protection is there for you, if you only just ask. 

If God asks us to pray for our enemies, how much more should we pray for our loved ones.We must cover ourselves and our loved ones and our communities and our world and world leaders in prayer. If we do not stand united, surely we will fall. 

"Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation and every city or house divided against itself will not stand."  - Matthew 12:25
Today, ask God to teach you how to pray a covering over your life and the lives of those you love. My prayer is that each of you who read this will grow stronger in your walk everyday.

xoxo, tami

No comments:

Post a Comment