Monday, April 7, 2014

Believe and Receive It

"The sky is the limit to what I can have. Just believe and receive it. God will perform it today." - Miracle by The Clark Sisters

Friends, if you are friends with me on Facebook, you may have noticed my current avatar asks "What are you manifesting?" 

I'm a huge believer in the power of manifestation. So much so that the tag line for my coaching biz is Envision. Believe. Manifest. If you set your intention, pray, believe with no doubt and envision it in your life, you can have it. Most everything you could ever desire is already here. God a god of abundance and possibilities. You are surrounded by abundance and infused with power as His glorious child. 

How do I know this to be true? 
It is alive and working in my life on a daily basis. For example, my Facebook friends have seen my posts stating I would love a boutique closet. I've posted about this desire, I've shared photos, I've discussed this with babygirl, she and I created an electronic vision board and then I put it into action by purchasing clothing and accessories that I want in my closet (just a few things here and there). I saw myself in my boutique closet, browsing through my items, selecting the perfect accessories, twirling in front of my mirror. I became excited because I knew deep inside that somehow, some way it would happen.  

In addition, I recently blogged about finding a new home. What I didn't share was I had selected an ideal neighborhood and that I wanted a huge bedroom and a swimming pool like my ex and I used to have pre-recession. And that I also wanted a dream bathroom that was large enough for a vanity, a soaking tub and a separate, large glass-enclosed shower. I had no idea how or when this would happen. I just set my intention out there. Envisioned it. Believed in it. And continued on with my happy little life. 

Yesterday I had an appointment to see a new home that I might consider moving into. I had no idea what to expect. In fact, someone from my church actually took me to the home and when I got into her car she said "You don't even know where we are going do you?" And then it dawned on me. NO I HAD NO CLUE! I was doing something I'd never done before... I went in blind faith. I was so filled with excited anticipation and trust in God's process that I hadn't bothered to ask where it was or what size it was or what amenities it had. I just jumped into her car, ready to go. 

Next thing you know we pull up into the EXACT neighborhood I wanted to move into. The home is huge. And guess what else? It has a swimming pool, a gigantic master bed room and equally large master bathroom with a soaking tub, room for a vanity and a large separate glass-enclosed shower. It also has a walk in closet in the master bedroom that is about the size of the bedroom I currently occupy. I could literally put a dresser and twin size bed in that closet with room to spare. Each and everything I envisioned and believed in, now manifest into my reality. 

I share this testimony to tell you that the power of God is real. His Holy Spirit resides inside of you and is there to guide you through life and into your desires if you understand this divine power. The Bible clearly states:

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4

What does it mean to delight yourself in the Lord?
To delight yourself in the Lord means to enjoy or be happy in the Lord. If you want to enjoy God you have to submit to him by putting him first not second or last place in your life. Many find it hard to be happy in the Lord because they don`t like their life. I know from personal experience how challenging this can be. I imagined that once I got what my heart desired I could begin to be happy or truly enjoy the Lord. However, I had it so backwards. That is contrary to spiritual laws. In Psalm 37 vs 4 the word of God clearly states that if you delight yourself in God he will give you the desires of your heart. 

You may be wondering is that possible? 
Can I really have the job, man/woman or life I have always dreamed of? Yes you can. You can have all that your heart desires as long as it is not evil or against God`s will. No matter how grand what you are longing for is, God is able to provide, for nothing is impossible for God. 

Being a Christian does not mean we are called to a life of pain and suffering. No wonder some who are in sorrow and hopelessness detest their faith. Indeed suffering is a part of our calling and a part of life but God did not call us to a life of sorrow. God truly wants you to be happy. 

Isn`t it awesome that God who made us for his own pleasure, says to you and I in Ephesians 3:19, that if you know the depth of his love you will be filled with all his fullness. In vs 20, the word says "Now, unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." Now why would God give us more than we ask or think? Vs 21 answers this question. He will do it for his glory. So if you please God, God will please you!!! Like John 15:7 says "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you." So there is no need to worry, it is such a waste of time. Instead, enjoy your life in the Lord. Allow him to perfect you, his work in progress so that you want for nothing.

This is not a magic pill. 
It's not intended for you to live out your selfish desires. You can't trick or fool the Creator. You must have a sincere and clean heart and a true love for God as well as truly delighting yourself in Him. Then He will happily bless you. He takes great delight in blessing his children. 

I'm living proof that this word is alive and true. Now, no doubt there are those who may not believe. And there are those with questions. And then there are those who also know this awesome truth. I like to hear from anyone of you. What are your doubts or disbeliefs and why? I you've experienced manifestation in your life, please share! Your testimony could serve to lift up another. 

xoxo, tami

No comments:

Post a Comment