Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Renovating Ideas: Repurposed Books

I am a book lover! I have always been an avid reader and I don't like to throw books away. When I was young, I dreamed of living in a mansion and spending my afternoons in it's library where I could lose myself in a land of knights and winged horses and fairies. Alas, I haven't moved into the mansion (yet), but I still love surrounding myself with books.

With the rebirth of vintage, I have become completely smitten with the idea of owning old tattered books. Not to read...just to own them. To feel their energy and bask in their craftsmanship. Old books were replete with gold leafing, embosssed graphics and linen or leather covers.  LOVE IT!

I began collecting vintage books for a wedding I designed last summer and I am now the owner of a massive vintage book collection. I decided to use these in my boho bedroom by repurposing them in a variety of ways, using some of the ideas from the really cool book called The Repurposed Library. However, as I perused the world wide web, I came across some really elaborate ways that people are repurposing books. Check this out:

I am so inspired! And I can't wait to get started on my book repurposing projects after I get my nightstands done and my duvet cover completed! Oh... and the curtains for all of my windows! LOL  In the meantime, check out this lovely little trailer for The Repurposed Library!

No comments:

Post a Comment