Tuesday, October 21, 2014

(Stitch) Fix My Wardrobe, Please!

*DISCLAIMER: I was not compensated to give this review. All opinions are my own.

It all started one day whilst socializing on Facebook when my friend and colleague Sasha posted about receiving Stitch Fix. At first I was all “Nope! That is totally not for me!” because while the idea of a box of clothes hand picked for you by a personal stylist arriving on my doorstep felt very glamorous and fun, I am a bit of a control freak. And by “a bit” I mean, MAJOR CONTROL FREAK ACTION.

Anyhow, I had seen others post about Stitch Fix and kept seeing cute outfits being shared by my peeps so I bit the bullet and decided to just be adventurous, darn it.
The way Stitch Fix works is that you fill out a pretty extensive online style profile. You can also link up your Pinterest board and other social media accounts so they can get a good idea of your personal style. Then they send you a box of clothes handpicked for you. You can keep what you like and send back what you don’t.

I tend to only pin for business, so creating a Pinterest style board just for me was new to me and totally fun!

On the list of my home design projects (that is taking me FOREVER to work through) is to transform my walk in closet into a closet boutique. A place where I can curate my favorite clothing items, dress and primp in fabulous style. But I have to be honest... although I have some really cool things in my wardrobe, there isn't much to choose from. I don't enjoy browsing through stores as much as I used to so I was looking for a way to add cool items to my closet without dealing with the stress of shopping for hours on end.

Then I came across this book, The No Brainer Wardrobe. Since reading this book, I've been in the process of re-working my closet. My goal is a diverse wardrobe that I can mix and match easily with a good array of things for a variety of occasions. So when I completed my Stitch Fix style profile, I was pretty detailed in specifying my likes, dislikes and needs to them.
It costs $20 to be styled (free shipping!) with Stitch Fix and then that goes towards whatever you keep. Stay tuned because I plan to share the goods as soon as they arrive!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment