Monday, November 7, 2011

Living Room: The Chosen Color Palette

Thanks to everyone who offered their thoughts via Twitter on what color palette you like best. It was actually split down the middle. Some of you liked the aubergine and silver and some of you liked the deep tribal red. So the final decision still fell solely on me! So much for relying on a poll to help me decide! HA! If you have no idea what I am talking about, check out the previous post HERE to discover to catch up and to take a peek at what my sofa looks like.

It was a hard decision but I finally made it. I am going with the aubergine and silver chic city girl look! YAY!

I really love the deep red tribal look but I am the type of person who likes to go against the grain and this look is seriously in so many homes. Now that my two eldest kids are adult, I figured it was time to have a sexier look to my home.

Just look at these paint samples I snagged from Home Depot. The brown is called Chocolate Swirl by Behr and the aubergine is called Delicious Plum by Glidden. Just the names alone make my mouth water!


I was very concerned about the living room looking too cold and unwelcoming but being that my living room area is so dark and gets very little sunlight, the coldness of the look can easily be addressed by adding lots of lighting options, interesting eye candy and plenty of plush textiles.

Both my sofa and my hardwood floors are brown. I think the aubergine will look delicious against this and the silver elements will add some sexiness to the space.

I haven't brought my sofa home yet so with the room empty, I have been able to take my time to visualize how I want everything to look. Here are some decor elements I am considering:


I am super excited to get started. So, I am dying to know what you think! And if you know of any other really cool items that you think would be perfect for this design, please share, I would love to see what you come up with. After all, two minds (or more) are better than one!

xoxo tami

No comments:

Post a Comment